Monday, October 15, 2007

I do care


about the environment, I am just not in the spirit to do such a post today. I don't think I can write about it briefly, and I wish not to go on long. I find the issues surrounding it, and the media to be...well, not simple.
I think we need to be mindful and careful about how we impact our surroundings. Cut down on litter (recycle more materials) and pollution, we should find the best ways of doing things. But I don't think we are evil, trampling on nature. We are part of nature. And I love technology, I love my car (beetle), I love modern medicine, I love heat in the winter, and cool in the summer. I love my washing machine. I love all the advancements that make more food readily available to my family, and to countless others. I am so grateful that there are so many illnesses I do not have to worry about my son getting. I want a nice home, and clean water for us to drink, and for fish to swim in. I want there to be beautiful lush undisturbed areas for animals... See there I go, on and on already.
Basically I want it all.

No comments: