Sunday, July 1, 2007

I'm not sure about


The music
I got a CD of French classical music from library, but it isn't impressionist, and it builds and fades too much, so it isn't ideal to go to sleep to, too loud in some parts, in others I couldn't hear it at all. I still like the idea though. The cat seemed to like it too, he was lying on the floor with his head an inch away from the speaker.

chipmunk
Oh...I just remembered the chipmunk ran into the garage today, hope he got back out, because I closed it hours ago.

wolf
Last night I dreamed there was a wolf in among my flower beds, standing in the yard staring at me, and I was staring back.

Many years ago, I used to have nightmares about wolves (and sometimes wild dogs), always chasing me, trying to get me, like an evil presence. I got tired of it. So I decided to research them a bit, (I did a watercolor of one), and I got a poster of one and stuck it in the corner of my room. Like a talisman. Like a protecter rather than a predator. It made me nervous, in the beginning, I didn't know if it would work, or if the dreams would get worse, and I would wake up in the night, see that image, and be terrified. It did work. I never had a bad dream about wolves again.

So now, it is over 14 years later, and there was that wolf. Only I don't know what it meant. I was not afraid, but it was clear this was no puppy in my yard, I would go no closer. I was there, the wolf was there, to look, asking with eyes, why are you here, what are you doing, to wonder about each other.

Why is there a wolf in my garden?

No comments: