Thursday, May 17, 2007

hurling through space



Had that horrible dream last night, being pulled out into space, (like someone being pulled out to sea, by a really strong current). I kept trying not to go, and then to fight my way back, but I was being dragged upward. I was above the tree tops, moving quickly toward starry black sky. Terrified. "No, no, no, it is my dream, and I'm not going" I said. At this point I stopped and hovered. Then swam, through thick air, back to earth (to ground). (it wasn't easy. You would think gravity, and falling, would be the big issues, but no). Whew! (safe at last). And do you know what happened? A white bed pegasus, flew down, and offered me a ride to go see my best friend. I was very apprehensive, but it isn't every day, that a bed, with a horse head at one end, and the other end at the other, and wings on both sides, comes up and offers you a ride. So I got into the bed; it went a heck of a lot faster and a lot higher then I would have liked (and then I would have thought possible for a bed, you know, not being very aerodynamic, with its bed frame, and headboard and all.) The dream went on, but it is all a weird blur now.

I am surprised that I got on. I wonder why the dream had the agenda, of getting me off the ground. I like the ground, it's good.

People who like roller-coasters, and people who like, whatever that evil contraption is called, that ball that flings people straight up into the air, would enjoy these dreams. My idea of hell.

I'd be hurling while I was hurling

not sleeping very well. Can't settle down at night, and keep waking up hour and half earlier than time alarm is set for.

Is this a standard dream, like going to work or school in the buff? I've never had that one. Going to school unprepared, getting lost on the way, arriving late, not ready for surprise test, or didn't do report that is due, now that one I have had plenty.

I have journey dreams regularly, and that makes sense, dreams usually in a car, or sometimes walking, trying to find my way to somewhere, which road to take, directions, traffic, et cetera, that seems a no brainer psychologically, pretty obvious why I have them. I don't have insight into the pulled out in to space thing. Not grounded enough? Too grounded? Need to let go? Just seems a manifestation of my fear of not being in control of a situation. Nothing to hold onto, no way to orientate oneself. Not floating, but falling, falling up, on and on forever. I mean at least if you are falling down, it will eventually stop, I mean sure, it will hurt like a _____, when you splat on the ground, but eventually you will, and the sensation will stop, that is whay I hate, the sensation of falling, going on and on forever. If it was flying or floating, if I was in control of the action, then it could be fun, to explore, but....

and there is all that darkness. I have always been afraid of the dark. The only difference, as I have gotten older is, now I am better at perceiving what light is there, within the darkness. When the lights are first turned off, I wait, knowing my eyes will adjust, and see more, where right now all I see are masses of dark, they will turn back into things that I know. So now it is only complete darkness, that I am afraid of, when no light is there at all, my own hand, can't be known by my eye.

No comments: