Saturday, November 29, 2008

editing coma

sick of it. Even spent 4 hours of Thanksgiving doing it.
Still have 108,856 words, and 211 pages.
Guess I'm not much for editing down the material.
I'm going to print it out now (second time, with edit corrections), and give it to my mom tomorrow, I call her reader number uno.
And I have no; no no no no no intention of thinking about this story again till after Christmas.
I wonder how long it will take before the pages come back to me all marked-up with highlighters and red pen? I don't know but until they do, I plan on working on other stuff. Like getting my house ready for Christmas, and working on my NaNoWriMo story, which I haven't worked on at all, and as you can see, November is pretty much over, so, so is my chance to do that challnge. Oh well, I feel challenged enough. You can indeed get so frustrated you fall into a stupor. Yes, you might think it would make you hyper, but prolonged hyper day after day after day, for me, become stupor. I thought I would try and read through it one more time (as quickly as possible) before printing it out, but I can't bear to do it one more time.
Schmaltz, death, and bad writing. Yes, time to open the windows and air myself out.

3 comments:

strugglingwriter said...

That sounds like a good plan. You are at the point where you need somebody else to read it. Plus you need an emotional break from it. It can only help to take a rest.

Paul

Vesper said...

Yes, this is what you have to do.

Taffiny said...

Paul and Vesper,

whew, yes. Thanks. My mom and cousin each have a copy now; and I am happy to be taking a break from it. I am finding though that I spend time worrying what they will think of it. I'm not worried about the writing feedback, I know they will find weak areas and point them out to me; that's what I want. BUT...I am concerned about how they will feel about the story overall; if they will "get it".