Sometimes it sinks (perhaps mostly it does), but sometimes, sometimes, it floats
quite a learning curve on my figuring out how to work the writing program (to fix problems of size, spaces in text, and other stuff, that seemed obvious, but I found the solution took a lot of trial and error.)
update- horrible time last night with program freezing after 7 hrs of work, dropping two hours of work and then saying I had 1K for it to keep instead of 501K, this set of several hours of trying to save stuff, and print stuff out, and backing stuff up to disk, it was fun. In the end it did keep the info (except for the two hours thing)
Finally, finally, finally, figured out my text trouble. After hours and hours, daaaaayyyyysss, of thinking I had fixed it, and then when I would re-open the file, the problems would be there as though I hadn't done a thing. EEEeeerrr.
Anyway, I really think I have it this time. Somehow whole sections, and also three words in the middle of a sentence, somehow were considered endnotes (or footnotes) or something, so no matter how much I changed them in one section, they would just revert back, but I think I managed to remove them as such. (would have taken forever to re-write it all, which is where I was just about at). In the past month I took up the practice of just importing text from my other (notes) files rather than re-writing everything like I had been doing, I think this must be how stuff became endnotes or footnotes.
Well at least this means tomorrow I might actually get writing done, instead of fighting with my computer and sections of text for hours. Rather than swimming for hours against a current so strong I stay in the same place, not going anywhere, no progress at all. Thank God for my ipod, I listened to lots of silly seventies songs to keep my mood from becoming explosive. (I realize this music might have an opposite effect on someone else, but it helped/s me)